Golf Canada Foundation
The Golf Canada Foundation’s mandate is to raise and grant funds for the advancement of golf in Canada. The Foundation undertakes an array of fundraising initiatives in order to meet this mandate. These initiatives allow the Foundation to support and promote programs that increase participation in golf by engaging players of all ages and abilities across the country.
One such initiative involves the distribution of golf-related scholarships and grants to students and academic institutions. Since 1982, the Golf Canada Foundation has awarded more than $2.6 million in scholarships and grants to promising young golfers across the country.
The Foundation’s mandate expands beyond collegiate golf. We are proud to support five key nation-wide pillars of the sport, which span from children taking up the game to our highest level athletes performing on the international stage.The Golf Canada Foundation supports and promotes the following areas in Canadian golf:
- Women’s golf (programs include Junior Girls programs and the Golf Canada Foundation Women’s Fund)
- Junior golf (programs include Golf in Schools and CN Future Links)
- High performance golf (programs include Team Canada, Amateur Championships, and the Young Pro program)
- Golf Heritage (programs include the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame & Museum)
- Collegiate golf (programs include scholarships & grants as well as the Canadian University/College Championship)
As a Registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association (RCAAA) with the Canada Revenue Agency, the Golf Canada Foundation can issue a tax receipt for any gift that we receive, subject to CRA legislation. Click the “Donate” link at the top of this page to help us support and grow the game of golf in Canada through any of these programs.
Thank you for your interest in the Golf Canada Foundation.
MissionThe Golf Canada Foundation’s mission is to provide golfers and industry partners with a charitable platform to increase participation in golf by engaging players of all ages and abilities across Canada.
VisionTo become the leading voice of golf philanthropy in Canada.
Board of DirectorsThe Golf Canada Foundation Board of Directors is a volunteer board. Board members are identified and nominated by the Golf Canada Foundation Nominating Committee, and elected at the Annual General Meeting. If you are interested in becoming a Director, please contact Golf Canada Foundation CEO Martin Barnard (contact information at the bottom of the page).
- David Agnew Head of RBC Wealth Management Canada CEO and National Director of RBC Dominion SecuritiesPresident
- Peter McCarthy Principal, Roundtable Capital Partners, Inc.Vice President
- Paul McLean Co-founder and President, Maxium Financial ServicesPast President and Honorary Chair
- Liz Hoffman Golf Canada Board MemberSecretary
- Dennis Kavelman COO, Desire2LearnTreasurer
- Bruce Simmonds CEO of Pacific Links InternationalDirector
- Ben Cowan-Dewar Managing Director, Cabot LinksDirector
- Ian Leggatt Director of Golf, Summit Golf ClubDirector
- Jean-Sébastien Monty Senior Partner, President, Groupe PoliceDirector
- Kevin Sullivan Deputy Chairman, GMP SecuritiesDirector
- Jim Little Chief Marketing Officer, Shaw CommunicationsDirector
- Cailey Stollery President, Angus Glen Golf ClubDirector